This isn’t a recipe per se, just something I’ve been doing a bit lately so I thought I’d share it with you.
Roasting whole bulbs of garlic, the fragrance is incredible and it completely mellows out that sharp garlic bite.
Isn’t it pretty? Here’s just a few of the things you can use it for:
- Replace fresh garlic in a recipe, especially dips and soups;
- Chop and stir through steamed vegetables with a dash of olive oil;
- Squeeze out a bulb onto some toasted bruschetta before topping with fresh tomato and basil, or leave of the extra toppings for a different take on garlic bread;
- Add to roast vegetable salads;
- blend with butter and use in your potatoes.
It’s very easy to do. Next time you’ve got the oven on, slice the top of a bulb so that just the tips of the cloves are exposed and pop it in on a tray for 10 minutes. That’s it. Store it in the fridge in a sealed container and aim to use it within a week. You’ll never go back.